Beau Clowney Architects in downtown Charleston, SC is searching for an architect or intern architect to join our team. Our collaborative studio environment allows individuals to work on all aspects of many projects directly with the managing partners. We strive to provide thoughtful and sensible designs on projects located throughout the region and internationally, working closely with clients to provide innovative solutions while crafting projects with timeless proportion, scale and details. We seek positive and inventive individuals to join us that have a passion for design of all types, from architecture and art, to interior design, made objects and beyond.
We work primarily on high-end residential projects, along with small commercial and development projects. Each project that we undertake is marked by our inventive approach to design and our dedication to client satisfaction. From initial concept to construction documents and through construction, we are always designing, working with the client to achieve the goals set forth together for their project. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Vectorworks and/or ArchiCAD, Sketchup and Photoshop is preferred.
Our ideal candidate would possess the following qualities:
- Ability to utilize freehand sketching throughout the design process
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to manage others and be a mentor to team members
- Ability to multi-task and have a self-motivating personality
- Applicant must possess an appreciation and eye for detail and building systems in order to produce thoroughly and accurate detailed drawings in an efficient manner
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and degree from a NAAB-Accredited BS in Architecture, B.Arch or M.Arch architectural program
Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio, along with references for consideration.
How to reach us: email@example.com; 843-722-2040